If you are a landlord but not a UK resident, you may be interested in our tax services.
Available to non-resident landlords whose properties are managed by Hamptons International, this service has been designed to meet the requirements of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), while ensuring that your property performs in the most tax efficient manner.
For further information, download our Tax Service guide.
Unless HMRC specifically tells us not to, as your agent we must deduct tax at the basic rate from the rent we collect, less certain expenses. We pay the tax deducted to HMRC on a quarterly basis. However, this is unlikely to be the most efficient use of your money.
To receive your rental payment gross of income tax, a formal application must be made to HMRC. You will then have to submit annual tax returns showing details of your lettings income and expenses.
In conjunction with a specialist division of a chartered accountancy firm, we offer a service to ensure that correct tax returns are submitted to HMRC and that the performance of your property is as tax efficient as possible. The chartered accountancy firm has considerable expertise in UK tax matters affecting non-UK residents, foreign domiciled individuals and companies investing in property outside their country of residence.
- Apply for exemption from tax deduction at source
- Receive all HMRC communications on your behalf
- Inform you of the amounts and due dates of any tax payments you need to make under the self-assessment rules
- Prepare rental accounts from your regular rental statements
- An itemised income and expenditure summary
- Cash flow on your letting account, together with opening and closing balances held by Hamptons International
- Details of any tax deducted at source
- Completed self-assessment tax returns
To discuss our tax service and how it may be of help to you further, please contact us on:
Tel: +44 (0)1225 480588